Monday, September 15, 2008

The Secret Book

Well, I've been reading The Secret Garden, and I've read chapters 1-3. It's about a little girl named Mary, and how she is left alone with her uncle and um she needs to learn good manners and that's all folks! Just kidding. I'll tell you what happened in the first chapter, ok?

Anyway, she is a spoiled kid who got what she wanted just so she wouldn't cry. Her parents didn't want anything to do with her. Her ayah was the only one who gave a care about her. But then, a horrid desease called cholera began killing everyone like flies. No one even remembered she was in the nursery, so she had an empty belly for a while. All of a sudden, two army people showed up searching for survivors. Then one of them yelled. He had found Mary, though she didn't think he was very polite about it. She asked why she was alone, and they told her no one was left to come. At that point she realized she had no one left.




SEE-YA!
rubywolfx

2 comments:

Mouse said...

That's a great book - it was one of my favourites when was your age. Actually, I'll have to see if I can find my copy because I want to re-read it now!

Nettie said...

I don't think I've actually read The Secret Garden. I remember reading a book called The key, The Secret, The garden but that had ghosts in it so I don't think it's the same one. Perhaps I should read The Secret Garden so I can make sure they're not the same...